Kennerly Lamishaw & Rossi LLP
707 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1400
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Tel : 213.312.1250
Fax : 213.312.1266
- New York University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1997
- University of California, San Diego, Bachelor of Arts, 1994
Maggie Bertisch is Of Counsel and a transactional attorney at Kennerly Lamishaw & Rossi LLP. Ms. Bertisch’s practice focuses on secured real estate finance and transactional real estate. She has extensive experience in the representation of clients in all areas of real estate debt, equity and hybrid financing transactions, including bridge, construction, permanent, senior, subordinated, mortgage, mezzanine, preferred equity, joint venture, secondary market transactions (including securitizations and whole loan sales) and commercial backed-mortgage securities. In addition to her lending and finance expertise, Ms. Bertisch has a sophisticated “big firm” background in the acquisition, disposition, development and leasing of a wide variety of real estate assets.
From 2005 to 2008, Ms. Bertisch was Of Counsel with DLA Piper US LLP. She started her legal career in 1996 as a summer associate in the real estate department of Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP and spent the ensuing eight years with that firm. She has been named as one of the Best Lawyers in America and listed as one of Los Angeles Area’s Best Lawyers in Real Estate Law by Los Angeles Magazine.
Ms. Bertisch received her Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, from the University of California, San Diego in 1994. She received her Juris Doctrate from New York University School of Law in 1997. Ms. Bertisch is a member of the State Bar of California and the Real Property Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Represented Borrower in approximate $70,000,000 construction loan for property located in Arcadia, California.
- Represented Landlord in leasing matters for an approximate 300,000 square foot retail center in Southern California.
- Represented Borrower in approximate $17,000,000 acquisition loan for property in Long Beach, California.
- Represented Lender in bridge and construction loans made in the $4,000,000 to $12,000,000 range.
- Represented Borrower in approximate $60,000,000 construction loan and $9,000,000 mezzanine loan for property located in Riverside, California.
- Represented Borrower in approximate $6,000,000 loan for an office building located in Anaheim, California.