Kennerly Lamishaw & Rossi LLP
707 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1400
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Tel : 213.312.1250
Fax : 213.312.1266
- Loyola Law School, Juris Doctorate, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts, 2007
Blake Gillman is a transactional real estate lawyer at Kennerly Lamishaw & Rossi LLP. His practice focuses on acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, development, real estate finance and all other real estate related matters.
Mr. Gillman received his Juris Doctorate degree from Loyola Law School (Los Angeles) in 2010. Following law school, Mr. Gillman commissioned as an Officer in the United States Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAGC), and served on active duty for four years with the 3rd Infantry Division. While deployed to Afghanistan from 2012-2013, Mr. Gillman received a Bronze Star in recognition of his wartime service. He currently serves as a Captain with the Trial Defense Service of the California Army National Guard.
Mr. Gillman received his Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania in 2007. He majored in Philosophy/Politics/Economics (PPE) with a minor in Legal Studies/History from the Wharton School and College of Arts and Sciences. Mr. Gillman was a linebacker on Penn’s 2003 Ivy League Championship Varsity football team.
As a real estate investor, Mr. Gillman has experience in rehabilitating value added multifamily properties as well as ground up new construction. He has recently restored a circa 1886 duplex eligible for historic restoration tax credits in Savannah, Georgia. His real estate investment company, Education through Restoration, LLC, pledges a percentage of its profits from the restoration of historically-significant properties to a scholarship fund benefiting at-risk inner city youth.
- Represent a multi-billion dollar health care/ medical institution in commercial real estate transactions statewide
- Represent a nationally-renowned orthopedic clinic in leasing a sports medicine facility to serve the Los Angeles Rams
- Represent a 501(c)(3) education-centered company in the purchase of 400-acres of land to operate an outdoor adventure camp in Virginia
- Represent the country’s largest used car retailer in acquiring a development site in Washington state
- Represent a developer in converting a former sand and gravel quarry into an 80+ acre master planned industrial park
- Represent a national bank in acquiring the real estate collateral of one of the largest Asian segment restaurant chains in the United States
- Represent an entrepreneur in developing a former prison into a facility regulated for manufacturing and cultivating medical cannabis
- Combat Veteran, Operation Enduring Freedom (Kandahar, Afghanistan), 2012-2013
- Recipient of Bronze Star Medal, 2013
- Captain, Judge Advocate General’s Corps, California Army National Guard, 2016-present
- Member, 2003 Penn Varsity Football Ivy League Championship team
- Eagle Scout, 2002
- Member, Penn Club of Los Angeles
- President, Education through Restoration, LLC – a real estate investment company that pledges a percentage of its profits from the restoration of historically-significant properties to a scholarship fund benefitting at-risk youth in Savannah, Georgia
- Board Member, Urban Land Institute Young Leaders Group