Kennerly Lamishaw & Rossi LLP
707 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1400
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Tel : 213.312.1250
Fax : 213.312.1266
- New York University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1983
- Stony Brook University, Bachelor of Arts, 1980
Matt Lamishaw is a transactional real estate lawyer at Kennerly Lamishaw & Rossi LLP, with particular expertise in the acquisition, development, leasing and disposition of commercial real estate, especially retail shopping centers. Mr. Lamishaw’s client base includes national and regional developers and tenants. Mr. Lamishaw has represented a variety of clients, including one of the nation’s largest real estate investment trusts, active in the ground-up development of retail projects ranging from supermarket and drug-anchored community centers, to life-style centers, to power centers anchored by so-called “big-box” or “category-killer” retailers. Mr. Lamishaw has negotiated dozens of leases or occupancy agreements with most of the major national retailers. Recently, he has been increasingly involved in the development and leasing of several urban mixed-use developments, in which the traditional retail component of a project is combined with office space, apartment or condominium housing, a hotel, and/or university facilities.
Mr. Lamishaw received his BA degree from Stony Brook University in 1980 magna cum laude and his Juris Doctorate degree from New York University School of Law in 1983, where he was a member of the Annual Survey of American Law. Mr. Lamishaw is a member of the California Bar Association and the International Council of Shopping Centers, and is a founding partner of the Los Angeles based firm of Kennerly Lamishaw & Rossi LLP.
Mr. Lamishaw has been selected to the Southern California Super Lawyers© list for six consecutive years, and has again been honored as one of The Best Lawyers in America©, a distinction bestowed upon the top 4% of attorneys in the country.
- Represent the country’s largest used car retailer in acquiring and/or ground leasing sites throughout the western US region.
- Represent institutional clients in developing and repositioning supermarket-anchored power centers and neighborhood shopping centers throughout the US.
- Represent institutional clients in mixed-use projects throughout the US, including downtown LA, San Diego and Hollywood, handling the retail/restaurant development, construction and leasing.
- Negotiated hundreds of “big box” or anchor tenant leases throughout the US for a wide range of clients, including REITs, funds, and national, regional and local developers.
- Represent USC in the leasing of USC Village, a 15-acre $700 million residential and retail complex, comprising 1.2 million square feet, which opened in fall 2017.
- Honored as one of Southern California’s “Super Lawyers” from 2012 through 2018.
- Honored as one of “The Best Lawyers in America” from 2009 to 2018, which recognizes the top 4% of attorneys in the country.
- Frequent speaker on issues concerning the retail industry, including the 2017 USC Gould School of Law Real Estate Law and Business Forum.
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers.